http://cariniair.designbyreva.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/CariniLogo-big.png 0 0 Carini Air http://cariniair.designbyreva.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/CariniLogo-big.png Carini Air2011-12-14 11:19:532017-04-04 04:43:08Protect Your Family During Furnace Season
SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA -The holiday season probably has most people wrapped up in a flurry of friends, family, shopping deals or travel, and as temperatures dip lower people turn on the furnace without a second thought.
That is why Gabriel Carini, owner of a San Diego air conditioning and heating service, repair and installation company, is reminding homeowners to have their furnaces inspected and cleaned to prevent fires and carbon monoxide poisoning.
“We know that furnace maintenance is not exactly the first thing on anyone’s mind, but we also want to make sure everyone stays safe,” says Carini, who is an expert in heating and air conditioning installation.
Richard M. Morrow, vice president of customer services for San Diego Gas & Electric utility company, urged customers to be safe and get their furnaces inspected by a licensed, qualified professional since the leading cause of carbon monoxide in a home is due to a problem with the furnace.
“You have to know what to look for and know how to safely and efficiently use and maintain gas appliances,” says Carini, who has years of experience with whole house air conditioning, heating service and the HVAC industry.
The initial symptoms of low to moderate CO poisoning are similar to the flu and include headache, fatigue, shortness of breath, nausea and dizziness.
Incomplete combustion is what produces the carbon monoxide that can potentially lead to carbon monoxide poisoning to a family. It happens when carbon-based fuels, such as kerosene, gasoline, propane, natural gas, oil, charcoal or wood, are burned with inadequate amounts of oxygen. Carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless, tasteless gas.
“There are also carbon monoxide detectors that can alert homeowners of a dangerous level of the gas, but that does not mean they should neglect routine inspections of their furnace for their own safety,” says Carini.
For more information about carbon monoxide poisoning and safety, visit the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission or the local utility company.