SAN DIEGO AND ALPINE, CALIFORNIA – While the fall temperatures may not be making anyone consider flipping on their furnace yet, now is the perfect time to get a tune-up for the system and make any needed repairs, according to heating repair expert Gabriel Carini.
Winter is when people use their heating system the most, so getting a fall tune-up is recommended for all residential and commercial HVAC systems to ensure that they are ready when needed.
“A regular maintenance schedule, including a fall tune-up, keeps the system running efficiently and helps avoid any major problems,” says Carini, owner of Carini Heating, Air and Plumbing, a San Diego heating and air conditioning repair service.
A heating and air conditioning installation, service, and repair technician comes to the residence or business and performs a thorough inspection of the system, making adjustments if needed.
- Check all gas (or oil) connections, gas pressure, burner combustion, and heat exchanger
- Check thermostat calibration and contacts
- Tighten all electrical connections
- Check voltage and amperage on inside and outside units
- Examine and adjust supply and return vents
- Lubricate all moving parts
- Clean or replace the air filter
- Wash drain pan and condensate line
- Verify cleanliness of ductwork
“For greater peace of mind, we also offer a preventive maintenance agreement that includes the fall tune-up in addition to a spring tune-up, a warranty on all repairs, and a discount on the system and parts replacement,” says Carini, an heating and whole-house air conditioner repair expert.